Sunday 4 March 2018

Painting time!

After the recent ordeal by snow, I was able to get into my studio (garage) to work on one of my new paintings. It’s the third of my three Venetian backwaters, still on a 3x2ft deep edge canvas. The photos show the before state of both current paintings; I’ll post an update when I’ve done a little more work.

The Venetian painting caused me a bit of head-scratching when laying it out. I had gridded both canvas and photo in preparation but had not noticed that one grid did not match the other. As a result, I had to put some basic guides on the canvas, echoed by folding my photo to match. Just as well it was on copier paper! Here is the resulting mish-mash of lines.


The second painting is  of the coast near Tenby, Wales. I took the original photo whilst walking along the coastal path from Manorbier to Tenby. Not too much left to do on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...