Friday 9 August 2019

I've been off the air

It's all been a bit quiet on the painting front. We recently had a new combi-boiler fitted and, with the removal of the hot water tank, I now had a much larger airing cupboard that needed decorating. 
Well, it's amazing how long it can take to decorate such a small space: wash everything down, rub down the woodwork, remove some wiring, re-paster some of the wall. That's all followed by: paint the ceiling twice, paint the walls twice, prime, undercoat, and gloss the woodwork. Make and install extra shelves, and install a tube heater. Before you know it, that's two weeks of my life gone!
On top of all that, my painting partner had a heart attack, and is only just getting back to his old self.
Painting starts again in earnest next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...