Monday 6 January 2014

New Year resolution

2014 seems to have started with a splash for most people, me included!

Apart from my Williamsburg Paints entry, I have not found much time for painting of late. I retire from the day job on 31 January and, on return from a holiday, am scheduled to redecorate the lounge and dining room and repaint the downstairs toilet. After that, it's just the hall stairs and landing. This all conspires to block out a lot of painting opportunities in the first few months of the year but I do intend to get my brushes dirty during that period.

Once the decorating is out  of the way, I plan much more structured painting time. I'm passing on the Open Studios event, as I just won't have enough new work to show. However, I do plan to take part in this year's Pintar Rapido event as I enjoyed the last one so much. I also plan to join an art group; perhaps Guildford or Pirbright (still undecided), although Pirbright is not very oil-friendly. That way I'll meet other artists and perhaps get some inspiration and motivation. Motivation has been very difficult over the past couple of years; the daily commute has been very wearing. Still, that is also coming to an end, so I hope to have more energy as well.

Here's to more painting in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...