Monday 5 September 2016

All quiet on the painting front...

Things have been rather quiet on the painting front, due mainly to holidays and decorating. Still, that's all behind me now and I can think seriously about what's going to be on the easel over the next few weeks.

One of our holidays(!) was to visit friends in the South of France, and we went on day trips to Carcassonne, Gruissan and Collioure, very pretty and interesting places. As usual my camera was in action (no time for sketching :-( ) and I came back with a number of images that I think will make good paintings.

Before the holidays, I had been working on a portrait of a family member (no names) but I was having a lot of problems with the eyes. I decided to put that to one side for a while and to revisit it later.

I'll post some WIP images once I get started so that you can share my pain! In the meantime, here are a couple of photos (my copyright) to give an idea of the holiday locations.

Carcassonne





Gruissan



Collioure




No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...