Tuesday 2 January 2018

Latest project

My current project is to paint three scenes of Venetian backwaters, each on a 2ft-3ft canvas. Each painting will be from photographs I took in 2005. I am planning to get all three finished in time for a solo exhibition in April at the Guildford Institute, so the pressure's on!

I've just completed the first painting and have to say that I'm quite pleased with it. I glazed the water to give it extra depth, which I hope shows up in the photo below.




I've made a start on the second painting; blocking in the underlying shapes and colour. Here's a Work In Progress. Early days, but there's a lot of painting yet to do.



Keep checking for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...