Saturday 27 October 2018

A couple of finished paintings, plus a foretaste of what's to come

In my last post, I showed a Work In Progress of my Tenby Harbour painting. Well, I managed to finish it after a few revisions. With a picture of this type, the perspective is a real headache, so it was essential that all the various elements linked up. Here's a photo of the finished product and a link to it on my website.

https://www.davidraison.co.uk/landscapes/713940_tenby-harbour.html

Tenby Harbour
Tenby Harbour

The other painting I posted was a tiny canvas for my bowls club raffle at the annual presentations lunch. That was well received and is now in its new home.

A by product of the small sunflower painting was a larger, more resolved version. This was an interesting task for me, as I seldom paint flowers. I had a small canvas and frame that I had bought at a jumble sale for about 10p, measuring about 10x8 inches. My wife likes it, so it's due to be hung in our hallway. Apologies for the slightly crooked photo.


Sunflower

Next up is a large painting of the Three Sisters, a rock formation at Katoomba, in the Blue Mountains, New South Wales. I think it's going to be a bit of a challenge, but that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is this blog really worth it?

I'm seriously considering abandoning this blog. I don't get round to updating it often enough and I suspect that it doesn't'...